First Impressions Count For Everything!!!
First impressions from potential buyers is often the difference between a return inspection and subsequent offer, to bypassing it all together and looking elsewhere. Quite simply, the better your property presents, the higher the price and the faster your home will sell. With that in mind, here are a few simple, yet highly effective steps you can take to ensure your home presents with maximum appeal.
- A thorough spring cleaning. While you may not notice dust around your home in day to day living, you can be sure potential buyers will. Check areas like skirting boards, mantles, shelves and display cases, windowsills and the like.
- Remove any unnecessary furniture and general clutter to give your home a sense of space. It will also make your home more open and easier to walk through during the inspection process.
- Ensure everything is in good working order. For example, all the lights should be operating correctly.
- Fix any obvious defects around the property. This could include holes in walls or floorboards, peeling paint, broken glass/windows etc
- A garden should be tidy and well presented. A garden is often quite literally the first thing people see when inspecting a property. It may even be the only thing they see if they’re driving by so will leave that all important lasting first impression.
Remember: FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT FOR EVERYTHING!!!
So make it a good one!